Sunday, September 28, 2008

GO TWINS!

WARNING: There is an illness that is making it's way around the state of Minnesota. It's called.. Twins Fever! Everyone is getting it! I went to the game last Thursday (vs White Sox) at the Metrodome with some friends and it was perhaps the most exciting game to happen at the dome in years! Our seats werent the best, but good enough for me. It was my first Twins game this year and I was excited to be there! This was a big series for the Twins.. a chance to take over first place in our division.. and not only take over first.. but take it from the White Sox. Of course, we swept them.. won all 3 games!!


After Thursday night's game, fans were pouring out into the streets of downtown Mpls.. going freakin crazy! After I seperated from my friends and was walking to my car, people were going nuts... yelling, chanting, hootin & hollarin.. honking horns... fans running around all over. One would have though we won the world series!

Then we go into our last series of the year with the Kansas City Royals this weekend. Here was our chance to secure first place for sure.. and we got BLASTED on friday night and we lost again last night (4-2). UGH! We play again this afternoon at 1pm.. keeping my fingers crossed that we can at least win this one. The only good thing, is that the White Sox have lost both of their games as well. On a lighter note.. for Decision '08, I will be voting for C.. for sure!

OK.. enough baseball talk. The funny thing is, is that im not a total baseball fan. I am a closet sports junkie because I do really like sports.. esp basketball. But for the most part, you can say that Im a bandwagoner.. lol.. It's hard being a MN sports fan because our teams just suck sometimes. Like the Twins last year.. make it to the playoffs.. then lose first round.. DONE. It's disappointing. The Vikings just suck all around.. and the Timberwolves are hot, then cold.. etc. So, I will watch the games, but usually end up walking along side the wagon for the most part. My friend stated to me, "I hope you dont break your ankle when you jump off the bandwagon". Very true. I understand that being a sports fan you will have disappointments in your "fan" career.. but whatever. It is what it is... :)

My weekend hasnt brought too much excitement. I went out with my friend Rob Davis on Friday night. He and I havent seen eachother for 10 years now (I forgot we saw eachother at our 10 year class reunion). It was really great to see him and catch up. We drank some beer and BS'd for a few hours. I spent yesterday being a little hung over.. and then using the remainder of my day working on a top secret project for my friend Lana. It's her bridal shower next Sunday, so I have a special surprise for her.. and I wont mention on here just in case she reads my post today..(which im sure she wont, but you never know). It will be a great surprise for her. Today brings a shitty, cold day outside which makes me feel lazy and want to go back to bed. I have things to do though.. like finishing my laundry (put that off so I could go to the Twins game on Thurs), cleaning my room (you would think at 37 yrs old I could keep it clean by now.. but NO).. finish watching a movie (Trading Places.. ive never seen it), baking some cookies (for my friend at work.. it's his b-day tomorrow) and last but NOT least.. 2 of my shows start tonight. Desperate Housewives & Brothers and Sisters!

So, The housewives move ahead 5 years.. not sure whats up with that, but im sure it will be funny!
Brothers & Sisters.. sooo good.. I love this show. Justin and Rebecca will be making out on the show tonight.. FINALLY (maybe they did on the season finale last year.. dont remember). They thought they were brother & sister, which after a paternity test, it revealed they really werent! So, now it's full speed ahead.. they will start dating, I presume.. and it will be good.
UPDATE: My buget is going very well. I finally got a grip on it, and now im doing this all on my own.. like im all growed up! lol... Even though my "allowance" went up by $25 each week, I am still getting my bills paid.. even have paid some of them off now.. AND I have money in my savings account! Thrilling. I was having my doubts about the buget, wondering if I was going to be able to make it.. but it has worked. I deal only in cash.. it's the best way for me. My checking account balances TO THE PENNY every Thursday when I get paid.
More stuff going on at work. My coworker and I will see a mediator. Since we have differing opinions on pretty much everything, I guess this may be the only option we have at this point. Our work isnt making us do this, my coworker approached me and asked me if I would be willing to do this outside of work.. to which I reluctantly agreed. At first, I thought.. "whatever".. but after having the weekend to think about it, it will probably be good for us to hack out our issues with someone who is a neutral party. So, I will give it a try and put forth an effort to resolve the issues. It's very hard to go to work everyday when you have to sit next to someone who doesnt like you.. you dont like them.. and work with them... elbow to elbow. I pretty much HATE going there. Everyone knows there's something going on.. everyone can feel the tension between us. Someone who works for another company actually pulled me aside last week and asked what was going with us (all 4 of us that work together). This person said that it's very obvious that there is something because none of us are acting "normal". I just stated that there are some issues right now.. didnt get into details.. didnt feel that I shoudl be talking about it with others. (however, there is a BLOG).. lol.. It's a catch 22 for me... I dont tell ppl at work about the problems, but I put the problems on here. My friends at work dont read my blog.. so.... it's all good. Even though my coworker thinks im the "Oprah" of blogging with 10 million viewers... it's not true.
Have a great Sunday.. perhaps more to come this week!!!
GO TWINS!
~Peace

No comments: