Tuesday, September 2, 2008

1 of 10,000 and One Bad Bite!

In case you dont know.. Minnesota is the Land of 10,000 Lakes.. (well, 10,000 plus lakes). One of the great things about living in MN.. there's plenty of lakes for everyone to enjoy on a beautiful Labor Day Weekend!!! We had beautiful weather here all weekend long.. although a little on the warm side (we'll be begging for that back in a couple months).. the sun was out and so were all the parties on Lake Minnetonka!! Yeah, Baby!

I spent my entire day Saturday on Lake Minnetonka with my partier in crime, Laury and her friend Cathy and her friend Will! By the end of our day, we were all friends!! Will has a beautiful boat that he invited all of us on for the day! We only had about 3 cases of beer (for 4 people..lol), vodka & tonic and some disgustingly delicious jello shots (although the jello seemed to be non-existent). This is my first time on Lake Minnetonka believe it or not and Ive lived in MN my whole life except for 4 years somewhere in the middle. It was so much FUN! You re not partying unless you've been out on this lake. It was a madhouse.. crazy... awesome!!

When we arrived out on the lake, Laury says to me, "No injuries today".. because she & I were together on the Apple River when I got injured on the rapids. My toe is still trying to heal, thank you. So, of course I'm thinking there is NO WAY I'm going to get hurt today. Will has a very nice boat.. with a little platform that sticks out in the back where you can sit.. or when you re getting out of the water, it's nice to have somewhere to stand, etc. Well, here I am, climbing over the back of the boat to get out on this platform and I slipped (these platform are slippery from the water & I'm sure it wasn't the beer I had consumed) and fell off the back of the boat and hit my leg, arm and left side of my body on the boat next to us. I was fine.. nothing was broken.. no open wounds.. just some bruises and scrapes the next day (I'm used to that by now..lol).

It's madness out there on this lake. Everyone goes to this island.. seen in the background of the pic to the left.. and they anchor their boats into the sand.. turn up the tunes.. and PARTY! This pic was taken quite early in the day.. perhaps around noon-ish.. one maybe. By the end of the afternoon, this place was packed with people. Most of the people were in their early 20's.. kind of like everyone on our boat!! LOL.. we wish. We were perhaps the oldest people there. But it was a blast anyway.


We ended our day by docking the boat at Sunsets and having some dinner. I pretty much fried my back off (sunscreen? What's that??), had a few bruises, lost my favorite hat, lost my new sunglasses but miraculously found them later and had a whole day of FUN! Thank you Laury, Cathy & Will for having me with you! It was one of the more fun days I had this summer!



Well, on to the remainder of the weekend. I pretty much stayed put on Sunday. Although I wasnt so hung over, I was very tired from being out in the sun all day on Saturday. I watched a couple movies, went to my friends house for a while in the evening and just behaved myself.
I woke up on Monday morning bright and early and thought.. I should take Gus for a walk around Lake Calhoun this morning before it gets too warm out. I called my sister to see if she would like to go with (were walkers).. to which she agreed! I went to pick her up and of course the kids want to come with.. Kelsie and Johnny! Well, Gus is not a fan of people he doesnt know. He is used to being mellow & living in a very relaxed and mellow environment. When he's around people/kids he dosent know, he gets nervous and anxious. So, Im driving down the highway going 65. My sister is next to me in the front, Johnny and Gus are in the back seat and Kelsie is in the way back seat. The music is playing, my sister and I are talking in the front.. and all of a sudden I hear Gus with a deep bark. All of a sudden, Johnny is screaming, Im going 65 down the highway, the music is blaring, Im shaking, there is blood all over Johnny & the car, my sister is freaking out, im freaking out and trying to drive and hold the dog by the collar in the back seat so nothing else happens, were trying to pull over so we can look at Johnny.. finally pull over, pull the dog out of the car.. my sister has to drive.. johnny gets in the front seat.. I get Gus in the back.. and we go straight to the hospital. In the mean time, Im shaking uncontrollably because Im trying to process what just happened.. feeling HORRIBLE about all of it.. trying to control my emotions because Johnny is hurt and upset.
Well, a couple hours at North Memorial Hospital and 4 stitches later... this is Johnny! He was so brave at the hospital and so cooperative with the doctor. Did you know they have this liquid stuff now that they can put on cuts that need stitching to numb the area? No more needles stuck right in there (like they did when I had stitches in my lip 10 years ago). So, they didnt need to stick him with any needles! I told him how sorry I was, my roommate (who owns Gus) felt terrible of course. Johnny said that he still likes Gus and forgives him! And poor Johnny had to start school today!!! What a honey!!!

Needless to say, the bite ruined the rest of my day. I went home about 330pm feeling completely exhausted mentally and relaxed for the remainder of the evening. And that sums up my weekend!!! It was going pretty well, until yesterday morning. UGH! So, to Johnny, I love you Buddy and I hope you had a great first day of 6th Grade. I told him to tell his buddies that he got in a fight and that the other dudes are still in the hospital!! lol.. sounds better than a dog bite.

Have a great Tuesday!!!

~Peace

No comments: