Wednesday, October 8, 2008

The Word is OUT!


Yup, thats right.. the word is out at work about my blog! lol! This is funny to me because it assures me that everyone loves a little bit of drama.. even me sometimes. My coworkers arent reading my blog just because they are intersted in my life.. they are reading it because of the drama it caused with the coworker! All the feedbacks arent in yet, but so far TWO positive responses. One even stated something about "Freedom of Speech". Horray for Freedom of Speech. And just in case some of you ppl out there have forgotten exactly what it is, feel free to check it out here!

With all that being said, i've been debating whether or not to talk about this topic anymore. The reason is because we are in "sessions" now (trying to be sensitive here..) and it's probably best to just hack out the issues in person with the one involved and not write about it on here. But that's boring. Drama makes for good reads! lol.. ok.. but since I DO have a sensitive side, I will rest my case for the time being. Although, the coworker claims that she is no longer reading the blog... hmmmm.... I personally think it's too hard to resist. If she's not reading it, someone close to her probably is reading it. I think it's the right thing for now.. not that I wont fill you all in at a later date.. :)


Did I ever mention that I work with a bunch of adult males that act younger than my 5 year old niece? The pics says it all. We have been very slow at work lately, and that's when the alter-ego personalities appear from nowhere. One minute, they are cussing you out, the next minute they are dancing to "It's Raining Men". Since im not about using real names, I wont name this trader.. but this is not an unusual sight in the trading pits. I personally find these guys extremely entertaining and find myself laughing a lot at their strange acts! It's good to have a good sense of humor.. and also a sense of self confidence, such as Mr. Dork here to the left!

So, what's been going on with me.. well, i met my old boyfriend, Mark out the other night. It's been 14 years since we have seen eachother last and it was really nice to see him. We reconnected on F-ing Facebook(which i will touch on in a few), just as I have reconnected with a bunch of old friends. I had a lot of fun catching up & laughing about old times together. We drank some beer, ate some pizza and watch the Vikings beat the Saints on MNF. And no, there were no sparks! I have decided that I really do enjoy being single. I guess I think that if I settle in with someone, I wouldnt be able to go and meet up with Mark.. drink beer and catch up on life. But then again, it depends on who your with.

This facebook thing is a trip. I have reconnected with so many people from my past, it's freakin nuts. I ended up joining this Facebook revolution because someone sends me some pics to view online. But Oh.. no... in order to view these pictures (which i really wanted to see) I had to become a member of Facebook. I caved in!! So, on our girls weekend up north a few weeks ago, we were talking about joining Facebook.. blah, blah, and Lana states that she had to join F-ing Facebook for the same reason I did!! From then on, F-ing Facebook stuck! I have met out with 4 of my friends so far, which has been totally awesome! It's so strange to reconnect with someone after a 20 year absence..but at the same time, it's so much fun!

Im going to babysit my 2 nieces and nephew next week.. to which I say.. are you F-ing nuts? My sister and her husband decided that they are over worked and need a vacation to Mexico (assholes), so are leaving on Tuesday morning and returning the following Tuesday. I have volunteered to stay at her house and lock her kids in the closet! lol.. I get to play mean aunt for a week.. well, almost a week. I get that following Mon & Tues off from them. Im wondering who is going to come out of this alive.. me or the kids?? No, it should be fine. Im a fun auntie, but when I mean business.. they know they better fall in line or I will be crackin skulls! hahaha.. if they are reading this, they are totally laughing right now! lol.. like me! We all get along just fine and I dont anticipate any problems.. RIGHT KIDS? They have MEA next Thurs & Fri. I took Fri off from work and we are going to head up north to beautiful Aitkin, MN to harass my aunt & uncle! They can babysit and I will be ready for the booze! :)


Im aboot (the MN way of saying about..lol) sick of the freakin election shit and the Bailout shit. YES, it's a freakin bailout.. not a rescue! I did catch part of the presidental debate last night.. and must say I wasnt too impressed with either party (that's why im voting for Ron Paul). McCain reminds me of a little weasel.. the way he stands.. the way he talks.. the way he looks like he's going to have a stroke any minute now. Obama is a very well spoken man, in my opinion.. just not sure he would make a good President. I have mainly associated myself with the Democratic Party, but this year, im going to claim to be a Libertarian. And that Palin.. holy shit. Who let her out of Alaska? Speaking of entertainment.. she's freakin hilarious. Speaking of well spoken.. shes definately NOT! If you havent seen the SNL bits with Tina Fey, it's a MUST SEE! They give her the Minnesota accent as well.. it's a gut busting performance by Tina, I must say!
I just freaked myself out here, which is a definate sign to end my post for the day. I forget that these auto save as you type.. I just made one wrong slip of the finger on the keyboard here and all of a sudden my blog screen went blank. I thought I erased everything i'd been typing for an hour and a half.. ugh! It's good to be back after over a week! Stay tuned for more drama.........
~Peace

14 comments:

Unknown said...

Are you fucking kidding me with voting for Ron Paul? Ron fucking Paul? Never, never, never since we've had a two-party system has an independent ever been elected. Like it or not, I absolutely GUARANTEE you that either Obama or McCain will become the next president of the United States. I don't care if you are Ron Pauls #1 fan or BFF - IT WILL NEVER FUCKING HAPPEN so if you have any preference whatsoever on Obama vs. McCain your vote is best used elsewhere.

PAULA LARSON said...

Dear Kyle, Is this a free country? Am I allowed to vote for whom ever I want? Yes, Ron Fucking Paul.. I had the privilidge of seeing him here in Mpls back in Sept and I like what he stands for.. like bringing the USA back to where it belongs.. to the ppl.. not the fucking government!!! Im not saying that he's going to be elected, however, why waste my vote on someone I DONT believe in? Obviously you feel passionate about your boys, Obama & McCain.. just as I do about Mr. Paul. Have a nice day! :)

Anonymous said...

Sorry Paula...I know that you know that Ron Paul won't get elected, I know that you're not out of touch with reality...but I have to agree somewhat with Kyle. I understand standing up for something you believe in and sticking with your principles, but if you have any teensy, tiny feeling that McCain or Obama would do a better job- please, please, please don't waste your vote!!! One of these men will be running the country come January no matter whether any of us like it or not, so please make a decision that will count!!! Again, sorry...you know I love you...but think about it will ya?!!
~Jules~

Anonymous said...

OK.. here is the deal with the election: The President is chosen by Electoral College.. not by popular vote. Minnesota is a fairly Democratic state, which Obama should carry and win the Electoral College. Therefore, MN will NOT be a deciding state if this election comes down to the wire.. and voting for Ron Paul would in fact, not be a wasted vote. I say Paula should vote for whomever her conscious feels fit and everyone should get a life and stop telling her who she should vote for! This is after all, the United States.. a free country! Vote for whoever you want!

JDK said...

Every year there are those dumb asses who write in Mickey Mouse in the blank space for president if your choice isn't on the ballet . . . voting for Ron Paul is basically the same thing. Maybe, just maybe, if people didn't waste their vote on Ralph Nader (great guy by the way) we wouldn't have been stuck with George Bush for the last eight years.

Please don't pull a Brooke Hogan and be all like "You know who I’m voting for? I’m voting for God because he’s in the party of freedom, dude.” I'm all for your American freedom to vote for who you want to, but God probably does have a better chance of becoming president than Ron Paul.

You know I love you, but my boy Obama is going to take the vote and there is nothing you and your Ron Paul hippy army can do to stop it.

Anonymous said...

I want to respond by saying voting for liberty can never be wrong. On average, only 16% of the voters who support the winning candidate fell strongly about him...that somehow he is our savior, that he will make a change for the better. The Republicrats are all for big government. Yes, they battle it out, bash each other, claim they are so different on so many issues but bottom line, they are both for big government and big spending. We will continue to see the deterioration of our constitutional rights no matter which gets elected.

Sure, Ron Paul is not going to win the election, but enough of us will vote third party that our voices will be heard... that there is a need for change. At least there may be hope for 2012! Ron Paul fights for foreign policy reform, reducing government, restoring our constitutional rights and abolishing the Federal Reserve. A vote for Ron Paul is for demanding change and making a statement that we tired of being sheep! Repulicrats, go ahead and follow the flock. I personally, want something better. Go Ron or any other third party candidate who passionately supports liberty. VIVA REVOLUTION!

JDK said...

Ok, your right. You vote for Ron Paul, I'll vote for Ron Paul, he'll become president and then the whole world can celebrate together. Even the Israelis and Palestinians will put aside their differences as we all hug and hold hands and sing kumbaya.

Anonymous said...

I am asking for reform and change, not miracles. It took us years to get into this mess and it is going to take years to get out of it.

Ron Paul predicted the collapse of our economy, largely due to the actions of the Federal Reserve. Change needs to come from someone who understands economics to the degree he does and I don't believe either Obama nor McCain have that knowledge. Bandaging efforts will just continue under their leadership. (By the way, how's that bailout package working?) There is no confidence in the future of our economy. We're going down!

We better start dealing with issues at home instead of trying to control the world. There is nothing like a Great Depression that will bring the sheep together and realize that genuine change is needed.

And a little kumbaya never hurt anyone. :)

JDK said...

That's fine - you can ask for reform and change by voting for Ron Paul. In the mean time, all the sheep in the world who will be choosing among the two candidates who actually have a viable chance of becoming president (silly, I know), will make the Obama/McCain decision for you.

Anonymous said...

The decision is there is no decision...Obama and McCain are one in the same...both for more big government and more big spending.

Regardless of who is elected, we will experience more of the same - continued deterioration of liberty and violations of our constitutional rights.

The CDM said...

Wow, a lot of strong opinions here. What I tell people about me supporting Obama is this, am I that much FOR Obama or am I that much AGAINST McCain. What I'm doing is what I feel is my part to not be a part of seeing McCain getting elected, period. I do think that Obama has energized the Democratic Party to the likes we haven't seen since Kennedy.

Paula, at least you're not voting for McCain, so you go, girl. That's what this whole thing is about. Perhaps if both parties were more clear about where they stand that they would garner more support. McCain is clearly of his nut and I don't see him as getting the U.S.'s respect back with the rest of the world and like it or not, WE NEED THEM and just as much as they need us.

JDK said...

Assuming that the votes were actually counted correctly during the last election, all those people who voted for third-party candidates, while NOT voting for Bush, didn't keep him from becoming president - if anything they may have clinched the deal. I think overall, if you really look at it, those who tend to vote third-party are most likely to otherwise side with a democratic party rather than Republican so your just splitting the vote and giving the Republicans free reign for another four years. And McCain is old and can kick the bucket any day and then we're all stuck with Palin who doesn't believe that dinosaurs even existed.

That's gonna be great for America . . . and no amount of kumbaya is going to save you then.

The CDM said...

JDK, one side of me agrees with you whole heartedly, especially in a close election. But the other side says that it is then the responsibility of the candidate to be more specific and do a better job of reaching said voters. We do need a candidate with answers and not lip service. McCain changes position on his lip service from day to day, where as Obama has been consistent. It is up to Obama to do his part to reach Paula here. I will say this, at least she's not for McCain, I respect that.

PAULA LARSON said...

JDK.. you should have been working for the Obama campaign for the past 2 years, my friend. Im glad that you feel so passionate about Mr. Obama and he needs ppl like you to get his word out.
I agree with CDM though, neither party has really stood out to me as the party I would vote for. It's not all about the person running for office.. it's almost about the "party" in which they represent and I dont care for either.. so it's not just the 2 men running, it's also the party.
Let's look at all the issues facing Americans today. Who is going to really give us the "Change" that we need, esp coming into the mess on our hands at the moment. This economy is fucked right now. Many of my coworkers have lost hundreds and thousands of dollars this past week. McCain says that Energy Independance is going to solve this shit? HUH? All Obama talks about is his "tax plan".. etc.. It's all lip service honey!
I dont give two shits about what happened 4 years ago with that election(which is partially due to electronic voting which we shouldnt have anyway).. And the whole Palin thing is just ridiculous.. there are many things wrong with her, politically speaking, and im just not too interested in the dinosaur comment or anything else she believe outside of politics. McCain could be elected to office next month and although he looks like he could kick the bucket, we dont know that.. he could live for 10-20more years! His age has no bearing on his candidacy for me. I WANT TO KNOW WHERE THEY STAND.. end of story.. dont care about the rest.
We all have different beliefs in life and right now it is my belief that Ron Paul is the right choice for my vote.