Wednesday, September 17, 2008

37 with a little Journey!

Yup.. I turned another year older last Sunday. I had a fairly good 36th year! There were some good memories with a side dish of shit ones as well.. but we wont mention any names! Now I'm moving on to my 37th year and hoping for a great year!


I spent my birthday with about 15 (or so) friends and some family watching the Vikings be losers again at BW3 in Crystal. It was a lot of fun. I also share a birthday with my good friend, Kevin Moore (pictured at top in yellow shirt). We not only share the same birthday.. but we were born in the same year. That's not too common. I know a lot of people that share my same birth date but not necessarily the same year! We headed for another bar, Mad Jacks in Brooklyn Park and then ended our evening in the White Castle drive thru at 10pm! What a way to end your birthday!

I also had the pleasure of seeing Journey & Cheap Trick in concert at the Target Center in Minneapolis last night. This is my second concert this year and the cheaper of the two. I also saw George Michael back in July.. (i know.. but it was an awesome concert!) Our group last night consisted of 4 couples: Stacy & Tracey Oddy (my sister & Bro in law), Rollie & Nikole, John & Michelle Lee, John and Krissy.. and last but certainly not least: ME! Im the tag-a-long.


So, Journey has a new dude for their lead vocals: Arnel Pineda. He is the "Steve Perry" sound alike and I have to say.. he's very good. He was discovered on none other than YouTube by a Journey band member and was asked to fly from the Phillipines to audition for the band. He has quite a story.



If you have the opportunity to see them, I would highly recommend it. I didnt really know too much about him before I went to the concert.. but if you click on his name above, there is a nice clip that was done on him for the CBS Morning Show. Never give up on your dreams!

Fall is definately in the air here in Minnesota. It's been pretty cool here in the mornings and evenings. The colors should start changing here in the next few weeks. That's the time to head up to northern Minnesota to be a color gawker. Also, in the same week, 2 of my family members have gotten a hold of me for ideas for Christmas! Yes, freakin Christmas is just around the corner. Im not a huge Christmas person.. I would rather give the kids a couple things and just donate the rest of my money to some charity. Im over the gifts thing. I dont like Christmas shopping.. dont like the crowds of people. But the biggest thing is that what gift do you give someone that has everything? It sucks shopping for my dad... I get him the same shit every year.. and he doesnt need it. Im just doing it to give him something. My mother doesnt need anything either.. and my sister and I just stopped exchanging gifts a long time ago. I really dont care if I get anything either. I have what I want for the most part.. except the winning lottery ticket. Could someone please give me that for Christmas this year?
The weekend is fast approaching.. yippy! 2 days away from CW. This weekend will be spent with my girlfriends up north at our friends cabin. We are celebrating Lana exiting her bachelorette-hood for her wonderful boyfriend, Bobby! This will be a great weekend, I already know it. Beer all day, camp fires at night, good friends means good company which all equals a good time! And there will be pictures on Monday!
~Peace

1 comment:

The CDM said...

This guy sounds like a very young Steve Perry with rough potential. I couldn't be happier for the guys, I'd check these guys out if they came here. Now if they can only find a young duplicate of Lou Gramm...


HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!