Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Something Borrowed, Something GREEN!

Good morning,
To make up for the lack of Green-ness yesterday, I have some ground to cover. I like the green tips that I run across now and then. I hope you enjoy them and try to incorporate some of these things into your life, if you havent already. This particular tip is brought to you by Laury Anderson. If anyone has a tip that they find interesting, please forward it to me and I will post it.
What do you think about bottled water?

Here are some simple facts to consider when purchasing your bottled water:

1). Less than 20% of the 28 BILLION single-serving water bottles that are purchased in the US each year are recycled.

2). Tap water is cleaner than most bottled water.

3). Tap water is delivered to your home for $0.002 a gallon, bottled water is 1,000 times more expensive.

4). If you think your tap water tastes funny, consider a water filter such as, PUR or Brita.

5). Consider purchasing reusable water containers.

6). If you do purchase bottled water, please recycle the bottles. Better yet, please recycle all plastic bottles that you purchase.

7). Don't reuse single-serving water bottles. This can expose you to bacterial build-up and carcinogens leached from the plastic.

I can say that I have adopted this into my life. I was a bottled water buying junkie. I had water bottles all over my house. Usually I wouldnt finish all the water.. maybe half of it.. and I would dump the rest out. What a waste. Sometimes I would get lazy and not recycle the bottle. Approx. 2 months ago, I signed something saying that I would no longer purchase water in the bottle form. And im proud to say, that I now drink the tap water at home and I have a big plastic cup for drinking water at work... (Oh, and this FREE water plan fits into my budget nicely too).
There are many interesting sites out there on bottled water. Here is one that I found. You can read more about the bottled water boycotts in your local area. Im not here to preach to you or to make you change your life. Im here to offer you information to help make better choices for the future of our EARTH.

Have a great Wednesday!
~Peace

No comments: