Friday, August 15, 2008

Going For Green

Good Friday Morning,

First things first... Even though my dad doesnt read my blog... He may someday!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY BIG DADDY! Big John is 61 today.. and still acts like he's 6. :)



Ive had some very interesting bus rides to work this week. One morning, this older woman was sitting directly across from me and she was literally sleeping.. arms folded in front of her and leaning on this younger girl next to her.. It was so funny. The poor girl.. she looked like a smooshed sardine and she kept leaning the other way to get the old bag off her. As im looking around the bus on this particular morning, I look to my left.. a couple rows back and here is a black girl with her big ear muff head phones on... singing away, but not out loud. Her head was leaned back and moving slowly in a circle (like she was in concert) and she was mouthing the words to her music. My day was getting better! My stop was coming up, so I pulled the rope by the window so the bus driver would stop at the next intersection... and apparently he wasnt paying attention because he missed my stop.. not only my stop, but several others too. He was more concerned about taking a right at the corner.. and how he was going to get this gigantic bus around that corner. I said.. excuse me.. I think you missed my stop. He got around the corner.. honking the horn mind you at on coming traffic... and immediately stopped in the middle of the block.. lol... and apologized. I take the express bus to and from work everyday bc it's fast.. hence being called the Express route. I dont get a lot of the weirdos on my route.. so I wont get to share good stories on a daily basis.. but when I do, I will share them.

I also wanted to add a little something to my blog. Im all about Global Warming and conserving energy. So, Im going to add something Green to my blog. Im going to add a "green tip-of-the- day". Im sure most of you know the ways to conserve energy, but a little refresher course wont hurt. Im all about saving the environment.. saving the Earth... so, this is a good way for me to share some information with you, my friends. I like reading and learning about the environment and went to an excellent conference about a year ago on Global Warming. It's called the Nobel Conference and it's held at Gustavus Adolphus College every year in St. Peter, MN. It's obviously a science related conference and they choose a diff topic each year. This year the topic is: Who were the first Humans? If youre interested in knowing about this, click here to read more about it.

It's FRIDAY! No plans for the weekend, really, but now that I have learned a few things about my camera (which I found by the way) and downloading pics.. and learned how to link things to my blog.. (VERY EXCITING)... I will be sure to have more up to date posts with pics and all. When I dont have plans for my weekends, I usually do some crazy shit... so we shall see when Monday comes around.. also looking forward to Sunday Funday!!!
Have a great weekend..
~Peace

GREEN TIP OF THE DAY: Wash your clothes in COLD water. Did you know that 90% of the energy consumed by washing machines is to heat the water when washing in warm or hot water?

No comments: