Monday, August 25, 2008

Comments & Complaints

It's Monday! Im not a huge fan of Mondays.. although im not sure why. I think I just trained myself NOT to like Mondays because it's the beginning of another week! I still have to come to work for another 4 days.. and that does not excite me.

Because it's Monday, I have some comments and complaints on a little platter, waiting to be shared.

Im going to start with the dreadful BUDGET. I thought it was getting better, but now it's getting worse. For the past couple weeks, I have started my Monday (another reason to hate Monday) with about $9 - $10 in my pocket to last me until Thursday.. and frankly this SUCKS! Im sick of this budget already... I want to scream. I thought I was doing good.. and then I went on a spending tangent last weekend (not this past weekend) and over spent. Then I really tried to behave myself this past weekend & even stayed in Friday night.. (I know.. it's hard to believe, but true). I only spent $15 on Saturday - minus a $25 donation to my friend for her cancer walk and spent $52 yesterday (on groceries). Here is what's killing my budget: GAS & GROCERIES! With only $150 a week to spend, those two things alone are taking most of my money.. approx $100. What about the rest of the things I need to take care of? My friend says that I need to get another job.. but I say FOOEY on that. My finances are finally starting to get under control.. so I may have to look at a little more spending money. I have $9 today.. and that has to go to my gas tank.. not that im going to get a whole hell of a lot of gas... maybe up to 1/4 tank if im super lucky. I need to rethink this.... because im really starting to hate it and it's for sure making me pissed off.

Moving on... Im really glad the Olympics are over. I love the Olympics.. but they were keeping me up at night sometimes until midnight... esp when gymnastics was on. Which brings me to a couple questions/comments: Why do the Chinese gymnasts wear so many ugly hair accessories? And why do they all look like they are 10? The hair decorations are hideous. Is there a requirement to get into gymnastcis in China or something? The more barettes you throw in your doo the better your chances of getting in? YIKES! I dont recommend this look for anyone. I was looking for a pic, but cant find a good one... I will keep searching.

My injuries are beginning to heal, however my lower back doesnt feel so hot. It actually feels "bloated" or something. Maybe like I have some loose organs floating around in there. My toe is getting better.. been letting it dry out at night..(lol, that sounds funny). I was hoping that I would be a lot better by now... but still gimping around. I wanted to go and walk the dog tonight.. maybe I will try. I still have yet to get to the state fair sometime this week... but have been holding off just because of my toe. My sister and nephew were out there this weekend and some other friends were there also. I cant wait to go.

So, I went and did something I said I would never do. I joined FACEBOOK. I will put a link on my blog for you to check out. I wanted to look at some pics of a friend that were attached to Facebook.. but I couldnt see them unless I was "logged in". So, I signed up for it and left it at that. Well, now I have people coming out of the woodwork asking me to be their "friend". I actually IM'd a friend from High School this morning.. Rob Davis! It was awesome. But, Im wondering what these websites are for? Are they just for reconnecting with old friends? When I started blogging, someone asked me what's the point of blogging? I explained that for me, it's like an online journal.. my friends & family can read it and keep up with what im doing.. etc. It's fun for me because I like to share my life with others and also like to write. But myspace? Facebook? I dont really get it. I guess I will soon enough. hmmmm....

Well, it's that time. I need to leave plenty of time so I can hobble down to the bus.
More later this week!! PS..Thank you Laury for your green tips!!!
~Peace!!

GREEN TIP: Gas Efficient Driving
Do you ever wonder why you don’t seem to get the gas mileage that is advertised as the EPA rating for your car? Those tests are conducted under ideal conditions (weather, traffic, car condition) driven by an ideal driver.

Pump up your tires. Fuel economy.gov states that keeping tires inflated to the recommended pressure can improve fuel economy by up to 5%.

By anticipating stops and accelerating moderately, Edmunds.com found that you can get up to 37% in gas savings. This also saves you from having to replace your brake pads too often.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would suggest that you take your total bills,divide them in half.This way you will be always living on the same amount of money each pay. After the division of bill money what is left will go to gas for the car,groceries, and free spending money.If you pay your car insurance every 6 months hold some back every month.Let it lay in your account.This way you have some padding for gas or food.Then put it back after you get paid.I even put my pharmacy pills in my budget.