Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Catching UP!

Im out of it! I have been out of the loop on my blog, facebook, checkbook, laundry and just life in general. There has been too much going on.. not enough time in the day or week to do everything.. and with no thanks to a short stint in the hospital for me. That threw a kink into all.


Well, we can start by saying that my parenting experience was successful! The kids were very well behaved and that time we spent together was memorable and a lot of fun! We went to the water park at The Holiday Inn in Elk River, MN. Our group included the following: Myself, my dad & 2 brothers (Andy & Aaron), Kelsie, Jonathan and 2 of their friends (Hunter & Noah Litzau). The water park was super cool and they also had Halloween festivities for kids of all ages. We spent the night there on Friday, Oct 17. Then we proceeded to go up north to the lovely Aitkin, MN to my aunt & uncles house on Saturday afternoon. It was on our drive up there that my throat began to tickle and started a wacky cough. I was begining to feel the effects of having no sleep and running kids around town all week.


We returned to Mpls on Sunday evening, after the Vikings lost to Chicago.. lame ass losers. By Sunday evening, I was spent.. tired and all I wanted was my own bed and a good nights rest. NOPE.. not happening! I go home to sleep.. and nothing. Here I am, in the comforts of my own bed and I cant friggin sleep. The reason I cant sleep is because I have this cough and im starting to feel really shitty!

The problem with me getting a cold, is that it usually hangs around in the head area for about a week and then makes a nice home right in my chest for another week or two. And the problem with all of that is.... I have ASTHMA. Well, when I woke up on Monday morning, I was hurtin for certain! I got out of bed and into work and did what I could. Went home and to bed. Slept for a few hours and then had errands to run. Back to bed at 10pm. And then it all starts:

I woke up at 1am to some pretty bad wheezing in my chest. I was having a really hard time catching my breath. I was wondering if I should consider going to the ER.. but thought that perhaps I was over reacting. I never fell back asleep because I couldnt get comfortable and when I laid down, I couldnt breathe. I finally roll out of bed at 530am and decide to go to work and make a doctors appt. I get to work and now my breathing is really bad.. bad enough that even walking took all the breath out of me. I get to my doctor at noon and he tells me that I look completely miserable (Thanks Dr. Pinchback)... and I do feel completely miserable. I get a nebulizer treatment, a couple perscriptions and im on my way. Dr. Pinchback (whom I totally love.. he's a great doctor) tells me on my way out that if I feel I need to go to the hospital, that I better get to the hospital. About 230pm.. im hysterical.. cant catch my breath.. starting to get really scared.. wondering if im dying.. and SHOULD I GO TO THE HOSPITAL? I decide to call my mom @ work.. she's on break. I get in my vehicle and drive to my sisters house. On the way, my mom calls, I immediately start crying and tell her inbetween of trying to catch my breath that I need to go to the hospital because I cant breathe!

I get to the hospital and they take my vitals and realize that my O2 level was well below what it should be... and they admitt me right away. I did have a chest x-ray which revealed that I did NOT have pneumonia.. which is good. They told me I had a severe asthma attack. I stayed in the hospital from Tues 3pm until Thursday 6pm. And we all have hospital stories.

I get to my room and a couple hours later, my roommate has some major seziure.. they move her out. The next morning, they bring in a little old lady and she's very sick.. By that eve, she was puking (go fucking figure) and I was freaking out. The next morning, they move her to a nursing home and a little while later, they move in another lady who is having severe abdominal pain.. which causes her to... GUESS! PUKE! UGH.. by now im going completely CRAZY.. and scratching the walls to get the hell out of there. When my doc came to see me, I BEGGED him to let me go. He said I was boarderline and should stay another day.. but OK, I can go home. yeay!

So, now it's Wednesday and Im a lot better. Im still very tired out and need to watch myself. Ive had a very busy week and it's not gettin any better. Im in a wedding this Friday, which I talked about a while ago. Im very much excited for it, but also looking forward to it being over. I forgot how expensive it is to be in weddings.. it's been a while.

Well, I came back to work last Friday to find out that our Minneapolis Grain Exchange is closing it's doors to the trading floor... and yes folks, that's my job! As of Dec 19, 2008 I will be out of a job.. maybe. I work for a company that trades wheat on the floor and im hoping that we are able to find different positions in the company.. move to another department.. something. Dont they know that this is a horrible time to be laying people off? Merry Christmas to me! I will keep you updated! If youre interested, I linked the article from the Mpls Star & Tribune above if you click on Mpls grain exchange. The grain exchange has been open for 127 years! Sad to see it close. The building itself will remain open as they lease space to other companies.. it's just the actual trading floor that will close.


No comments: